One of the greatest icons in icon history––Arnold Schwarzenegger. Are you ready to know what else he is besides an actor? It’s a long list, but I’m sure you’re prepared. The Austrian actor is also a producer, businessman, philanthropist, investor, activist, politician, and the one that started it all, a former professional bodybuilder.
Arnold has been known to be one of the most popular bodybuilders in the world and of all time. He’s so iconic that even if you didn’t catch him on his peak bodybuilding days, you still know who the man is.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was born in Thal, Styria, on the 30th of July, 1947, to Aurelia and Gustav Schwarzenegger––the latter being a former World War II veteran. Given that, Arnold had a very strict life at home and was must always be observed to be obedient and disciplined by their parents.
At a young age, he found his love for bodybuilding when he first picked up the barbell in 1960––making him 13 years old at the time. He was a soccer player and during the time with the team in the gym, Arnold found his calling in bodybuilding.
According to Schwarzenegger himself, he particularly interested in bodybuilding magazines when he was a kid. Mesmerized, he read those magazines faster than his usual pace. That leads him to his bodybuilding adventure where soon enough, he won his first competition, the Junior Mr. Europe, way back when he was just 18 years old. Since that win, he became even more devoted to the sport––competing and winning a large number of his competitions.
During his bodybuilding career, he’s boasted of 5 Mr. Universe competitions alongside 7 Mr. Olympia competitions. A number only he and Phil Health has achieved––ever.
After that, he ventured his way into the acting business. He had the body for a movie star, perhaps, but people told him he wasn’t fit for roles because of his massive size and Austrian accent. However, he didn’t let that affect his vision and still starred in a lot of roles. Most notoriously, you would have guessed, is his portrayal of the ‘Terminator’ and even perfectly matched his Austrian accent with the ‘I’ll be back’ catchphrase.
From 2003 to 2011, he served as the Governor of California. Apparently, he wasn’t just “all brawn” after all.
Date of Birth
|July 30, 1947|
Thal, Styria, Austria
Professional Bodybuilder, Actor, Entrepreneur
At this point, it would be a sin to not know who Arnold Schwarzenegger is. Coming from a small village in Styria, Austria, you’d think he wouldn’t amount to much. However, with the determination and sheer hard work from Arnold, he became one of the most influential people on the whole planet. From bodybuilder to movie star to even the Governor of California, Arnold is the greatest example of what it means to be perseverant. If you don’t believe that, then feel free to get beaten up by over a hundred pounds of pure muscle. Kidding aside, Arnold has been an inspiration to many and there’s absolutely no reason why he shouldn’t be to all.
Here are the best quotes from Mr. Olympia himself!
Top 5 Tai Lopez Quotes
- “Just like in bodybuilding, failure is also a necessary experience for growth in our own lives, for if we’re never tested to our limits, how will we know how strong we really are? How will we ever grow?” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Be hungry for success, hungry to make your mark, hungry to be seen and to be heard and to have an effect. And as you move up and become successful, make sure also to be hungry for helping others.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way – I hope it never will.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger