“I’m blue, da ba dee da ba di,” a famous prophet once said. And so, let there be blue!
Jonathan Michael Porter, most commonly known under the rap name ‘Blueface’, is an American rapper and songwriter from the City of Angels, Los Angeles. The internet has been home to many memes and Blueface is no exception. However, his ‘Respect My Crypn’ hit song was a meme that kickstarted his now-solid career in the rap game.
Born on the 20th of January, 1997, in California, Jonathan Porter grew up in Mid City in West Los Angeles. There, he attended a handful of elementary schools before getting to move in with his mother in Santa Clarita Valley. Once he was settled down, Porter attended Arleta High School and was a member of the school’s football team, playing as their starting quarterback at 6’4″ and 160 lbs.
For many people, football has been their refuge after a tiring day. Porter, however, was leaning towards music instead of the sport he was great at playing. In 2017, he entered the rap business and as for any starter, posted his songs on SoundCloud and Instagram. Soon after, he took on the name ‘Blueface Bleedem’ and released his debut song titled ‘Deadlocs’.
The next year, he was just as big as he released his first EP called ‘Famous Crypn’ that featured hits like ‘Fucced Em’ and ‘Freak B*tch’.
As aforementioned, Blueface further became popular when he released his music video for ‘Respect My Crypn’ alongside WorldstarHipHop’s YouTube channel. On different social media platforms, the music video was an instant hit.
During the latter part of 2018, he finally signed a deal with Cash Money West and brought out hit after hit, especially ‘Bleed It’. After that, the music video for the song amassed millions of views in just under 24 hours on the Lyrical Lemonade YouTube channel. This man just knows how to make a hit, doesn’t he?
Jonathan Michael Porter
Date of Birth
January 20, 1997
Los Angeles, California, United States
Another one of the rap scene’s youngest members at just 23 years old. Though he has a lot of cuss words in his song titles, this young man never forgets where he came from. Being young, he does have a lot more to learn about the rap game, but that doesn’t mean his style of rap isn’t as flourished. In fact, his rapping has garnered him over 500 million views on Spotify collectively––a very hard feat to achieve. It’s been done before, the wildest, the youngest, and the freest people in the world are the ones who speak the truest.
Here are 5 of Blueface’s best quotes from his songs or interviews!
Top 5 Blueface Quotes
- “I’m not going to say I started the word. The word Thotiana has been around as long as the word thot has been around. It was just catchy. It was just different. I hadn’t heard anybody use it in that term. I’m really a genius bro, sometimes I just think of this shit on accident.” – Blueface
- “I just want to get paid to lay down, wake up when I want to wake up, go to sleep when I want to go to sleep, and my money just be there. I just want to make the most doing the least.” – Blueface
- “People be famous for everything other than music and that’s what they really trying to do. But they don’t know once you get famous for being this funny guy, nobody’s going to take you serious as a musician.” – Blueface
- “Listen, if you a comedian, and you try to jump in the rap lane, it’s not gonna work out the way you think it’s gonna work out. Just cause you got 4 million followers, 5 million followers, them people follow you ’cause you a comedian. So, once you try to rap they are not going to take you serious.” – Blueface
- “I feel like my rise is connected to my lyrics, my look, my dance, my character, it all feeds into the same funnel, which is me, myself.” – Blueface