XXXTentacion is not the name of a malicious website, but it serves as the pseudonym of Jahseh Onfroy. Known by many in the industry, the young man was an American singer, songwriter, and a generational rapper. At the age of 15, he started his career and eventually fell in love with socially alienating, depression-themed songs along with his cult following. Onfroy didn’t stop at that genre, though, as he also easily transitioned to genres like hip hop, indie rock, punk rock, most especially emo, and lo-fi.
At one point in time, people had a hard time figuring out how to call Onfroy. If XXXTentacion was too long, they made it a point to give him some of the simplest yet most awesome nicknames for the artist: X, XXX, Triple X, and Jah Young Dagger Dick were among the list.
X was a talented young fellow. From the years 2017 to 2019, his hard work produced 4 studio albums with all of them topping international chart after international chart. To add to the achievements, his albums have sold more than 38 million copies––all becoming certified golds and platinums.
In 2018, Onfroy was, unfortunately, killed in a robbery that happened in Florida. The robbery involved two men who successfully robbed Ofroy of $50,000 and a Louis Vuitton bag, but left him for dead.
Since then, people have played his music as a tribute to the artist. That hasn’t stopped his career from continuing, just post-humously, with awards such as an American Music Award and a handful of nominations for the Billboard Music Awards and BET Hip Hop Awards.
XXXTentacion’s success stems off from his unique and passionately-done music projects. His debut album, 17, was highly-praised and was played all throughout the world––gaining him millions of followers and fans all around the world. However, it was only a matter of time for X to actually be part of the big leagues as he released his very first official music video for ‘Look at Me’. Eventually, he finally got to sign for a label, Capitol Music Group.
Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy
Date of Birth
January 23, 1998
Plantation, Florida, United States
The 2010s were a big deal for XXXTentacion. That’s when he grew to prominence and became one of the most iconic sensations in the globe where society is slowly recognizing the facts of mental health through his music that focused on subjects such as alienation, loneliness, depression, and other issues regarding mental health. Though the rapper may have looked as if he belonged to the rap game and his fellow artists, we all know that his passion for music stems from the inside––from what he’s feeling. At such a young age, his words are so wise––and here are some examples.
Here are some of the best and most inspiring quotes from XXXTentacion!
Top 5 XXXTentacion Quotes
- “Make sure you are being healthy in mind, being caring, compromising for the ones you love, being loyal to the ones you love. If you love someone you’re supposed to be dedicated to them, right?” – XXXTentacion
- “Some people just don’t deserve you. They aren’t ready for your level of loyalty or love. You have to remember that not everyone was raised like you. Not everyone has a pure heart or good intentions like you. And not everyone has your best interest and wants to see you succeed.” – XXXTentacion
- “Do not let your depression make you. Do not let your body define your soul; let your soul define your body. Your mind is limitless. You are worth more than you can believe. All you have to do is dream and all you have to do is want to fulfill that dream and have the strength.” – XXXTentacion
- “If worse things comes to worst, and I die or something and I’m not able to see out my dreams, I at least want to know that the kids perceived my message and were able to make something of themselves and able to take my message and use it and turn it into something positive and to at least have a good life.” – XXXTentacion
- “The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from enemies, it comes from those you trust the most.” – XXXTentacion